I took a look at the past year of my life today.. and I was pretty stinking satisfied! I have changed a lot in the past year, grown into a better version of me, and i wouldn't have it any other way!
February 17th 2010 I weighed 118.4 pounds. This is the month that i decided to take control of my life.. and start to change. I started to go see a counselor, and work through lots of personal issues I had. One of those issues was the stupid assumption that i had to be as thin as possible to feel good about my self! It honestly took a lot of confrontations, not always in the nicest way, from some very important, and some not so important, people in my life before i started realizing what i was doing to myself. I wouldn't starve myself.. but any time i ate I got really sick to my stomach. i was working out.. a lot, and my alcohol consumption was through the roof. However, February wasn't the thinnest I became.. once you start the downward spiral, it takes time to start climbing up the stair case again. Rock bottom for me was around 110 to 112 pounds, and I think i hit this around May 2010. I'm taking this assumption from the fact that all of my size 2 clothes ceased to fit, and would fall off fully buttoned. After March, I stopped weighing myself.
I started eating right, stopped working out all the time, and pretty much stopped drinking all together. Slowly but surely my blood sugar righted its self out, I slowly started gaining weight, and what I think is my biggest personal victory, I was happier.
I will be the first to admit that to do this, i had to stop hanging out with a lot of people, and pretty much change everything about my life style. I stayed home pretty much all the time, and only saw a few friends once a week. But, ya know, I like the homebody in me. I got to discover who I really was, and not who i thought others wanted me to be. I probably hurt a lot of people by turning my back on them, and for that I am sorry. but I had to do what i did to regain myself.
However, the thought that i wasn't pretty enough or thin enough was always in the back of my mind. Going to EMT school in June was a very integral part in my weight gain. Its not a bad thing, not in the least, I gained tons of self confidence, and learned a little bit about just how bad i was to my body.
For the first time in years I am healthy. I am confident in myself, and how I feel in my own skin. Today i weigh 131.3, and i have never felt better!! I'm not as skinny as i used to be, I no longer have super nice abs, and I had to buy all new clothes, but I like the new me. No, I love the new me, and I never want to go back!!
you look good girl and healthy and happy! We both had some big changes in our life at the same time and I'm glad to say we are both living, happier, healthier lives and made it through. Your words make me tear up bc for so long I wanted you to be so happy and you are living that way now....and you deserve all of it! So glad for you!
ReplyDeleteP.s.-I wish I had your body! haha. Channing was totally worth all the weight gain and extra baggage though! hehe
Aww, Bailey, I love you!! You are such an awesome person, and beautiful inside and out! We have gone through a lot of changes in the past year, and I'm proud to say we are better, stronger women because of it! I didn't want to make you cry!!! But, I do owe you a thank you.. it was with the help of a small push from you and Cody, something about my deserving to be happy, that helped me get to where I am today!
ReplyDelete